Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK David Barton: Southern Slaveowners Just “Didn’t Read” the Bible Much | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This guy, David Barton, does his best to convince people that all of his political agenda is justified by the bible. Hid pronouncement really surprised a lot of people.

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's time once again to quote from Kent Ashcraft's letter to "Dr." Laura Schlesinger, specifically:

"... b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?"

I'll be back, I'm off to buy a Canadian. (I even have one in mind. Boy, will she be surprised when she finds out.)

This is the ignorant fuck that all the religious Governors love to hang with. They love how this asshole rewrites history to make slavery/racism seem not so bad!

I was a Christian for many years....I noticed that the most religious knew the least about the Bible.

There are a lot christains who don't read the bible or very little of it. I read enough to know it's a bunch of bs.

You could make the case they read it more. Look at this passage in the Bible. It instructs you how to sell your daughter into slavery

Sick, nothing but craziness.

Comes as no surprise to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.