Agnostic.com

8 3

I hear that people are quiting their jobs, can anyone explain this in common language?

dalefvictor 8 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Put simply:

Quantitative easing and concomitant fiscal imperatives, in the contextual framework of restrictive industrial motility and systemic crisis, has fomented a partial diversification in the attitudinal paradigm.

We're all gunna die some day soon, why work.

Sounds like someone actually took his new age philosophy lessons seriously. LOL

@Fernapple no need to be newageist, and you know i was away that day.

Here's a valid reason to quit:

Republicans who are anti-vaccine and anti-mask have been screaming and physically assaulting employees who tell them they must wear a mask.

Last week, a store security man was violently stabbed in his forehead and body. For telling a man he must wear a mask. I'd quit, too.

That we don't have an answer suggests that the real reason may be disturbing. MSM says it's because people took stock while they were in isolation. That seems doubtful. Maybe the wingnuts are quitting because the actually realize they're at risk working as they have. Delta is the only thing that really changed, but I'm sure I'm giving them too much credit.

They're tired of bullshit. Plain enough?

No one wants to work 24/7 for shit wages anymore..

I give up.

They had a chance to look around, catch their breath, and realize they were running themselves ragged for Peanuts, after gas/car, wardrobe/fast food/taxes/child care, etc etc etc.
Why do that to your & your loved ones? Wear old clothes, make home-cooked meals (that you had time to find the sale prices for the ingredients) and grow kids with better values than "the latest" sneakers/phones!

You said it better than me.

They out of necessity realized they don't have to work anymore. Lots of people have saved every dime, invested well, their paid for house is worth 3x what they bought it for. Mostly baby boomers during the lockdown realized they'd like to make the situation permanent.

barjoe Level 9 Oct 14, 2021

That's me. I just left a crappy job, and won't be back. My house is paid off, I bought my son a house, and I have a subscription to Imperfect Foods. I don't use much electricity. I'm a feral cat without a bell now...haha.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.