Agnostic.com

8 0

Gym membership or Work out at home?

Is it "better" to buy some equipment and work out at home, or pay a fee to go to the gym regularly?

Gym membership or Work out at home?

• 8 votes
  • 15 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 5 votes
Spats 3 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If we talk about efficiency, then gym training will be much better than at home with your weight. However, now many people do a small gym at home and buy all the necessary arsenal for this, and in fact, all you need is a barbell and more plates. For me personally, this is the most comfortable option for training. Still, so far, I can't afford it and regularly just visit the gym that is next to me. I recently learned about SARMs and want to buy Ostarin from this site -- purerawz.co, I really don't know what side effects it may have.

Depends on one’s age and one’s interests. At 72, walking, doing planks, using a resistance cord and lightweight free weights are enough for me. No need for a gym in my case.

Both. We have a great smallish gym here which is very concerned with the health of it's members. It was closed during most of the pandemic and I did a lot of workouts at home (which I still do). Later they reopened and a couple of months ago required members to show proof of vaccination. Lately a mask mandates were re-instituted. They also installed some great air filters with UV purifiers. The gym is never full and several programs are offered including a Silver Sneakers one for the more sedentary. [lopezfit.org]

I have been biking a lot since the pandemic, but I have a treadmill in my living room -- kinda hard to ignore. 🙂

Personally I wouldn't join an indoor gym at this time, but I was a member of my local gym off and on over the years. This last time, I canceled, just a few years ago, I was paying $50 per month, but by saving that $50 each month, I actually felt I got more of a workout using my outdoor pool (even though it's cold most of the year, I wear a wet suit) and my bicycle (I have a bike path right outside my door) and evening walks (I live right along a beautiful walking trail.)

I can also dance and do some floor exercises in my home, and have various things I can use as weights, if I choose. I use swim paddles in my pool to get a bit more resistance than regular swimming. Not sure if all that helps, but I enjoy it. (Besides, I can listen to my own music instead of the rap they had playing at they gym.) I do miss the weights though.

So, I checked the box for "depends on how much equipment you have at home."

When I first came to Seattle I also joined a gym. Unfortunately, men can be slobs and after a year I got tired of dealing with all the stinky, inconsiderate male members and took a years membership and bought a piece of equipment. Luckily, I had a good sized space in my basement for the machine.

bike.

There's too much COVID going around still for the gym. I like going there, so maybe when I get a booster shot it will be more of an option.

It really depends on the person. I, for example, detest gyms and will not go to one. That doesn't mean I don't exercise. I assume that's not an issue for most people, so if that's your thing, go for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.