Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK David Amess: British MP Stabbed To Death At Meeting

At constituency meeting. This would be the equivalent of a congressman getting murdered at a town hall. Much like Gabby Gifford assassination attempt. This just happened.

barjoe 9 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope his murderer suffers 20 years of hell in prison.

I believe he should be put to death. That won't happen but I think it should.

@barjoe There is no death penalty in the United Kingdom.

@anglophone I was well aware of that. I disagree with the policy. Sir Davis Amess was 69 years old. This 25 year old assailant, who's name is not being released, should have to be in prison until he's at least 69. I think he should never see the light of day.

@anglophone No death penalty? That's not right. More liberal than CA. Although that doesn't mean I definitely think it should be applied here. Yes, these stories bring to mind the need for justice. On the other hand, these terrorist attacks, who knows what can be learned from them? I know I heard some details about a deceased criminal that after reading, you wonder how the person would have answered questions relating to issues in the case. There is no way to know once the person is dead.

It seems there was no security, or at least it was insufficient to stop this attack. The need for security seems to be growing everywhere. If crime is going up, security forces should be increasing. Crime directed at lawmakers is even more disturbing to society in general as it indicates a certain lack of strength at defending its own working members.

When I was a bartender at a hotel, I used to see Joe Biden walk through the lobby all the time. By himself. He wasn't VP or president but he was a United States Senator. My congressman used to walk into our local bar all by himself on a regular basis. This was not a small town it was in the City of Philadelphia. It's a sad commentary that these people can no longer live a normal life.

@barjoe Did you ever manage to talk to Biden?

@Flowerwall He used to wave. He sat at a table one time in the lobby bar area with a bunch of suits. I never waited on him. I had a friend who 20 years ago worked at Harry's Savoy Grill in Wilmington DE He waited on him and Beau quite often. He said the were both super nice and 40% tippers so that's pretty damn cool.

@barjoe You should have given him some good advice. Maybe something like "try not to spend so much". "Reasonable budgets are a good thing."

@Flowerwall STFU. I never met the guy but it's his money. If he wants to be a generous tipper it's his own money. It's better than Donald Trump's stiffing every contractor. Republican's tax cut cost $8 trillion in revenue so don't give me your bullshit. I tip very heavy myself. If you're a cheap motherfucker that's your problem Mr Pink.

@barjoe How much did inflation just go up in the time it took you to write that? Maybe not much bcyz you wrote fast but keep adding those numbers becuz it's not stopping, and then the continued effects of the "Great Resignations" and "Mandate Related Layoffs or Quits" it's an economic storm that is brewing and brewing. And then let's just keep spending some trillions more like there is no tomorrow. We'll see where all this gets us.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628334
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.