Agnostic.com

5 7

I'm converting part of my shop into an Airbnb cabin so I am constantly looking for space-saving ideas. I'm down to the actual kitchen cabinet design part which has many space requirements and obstacles. Anyway I found this video about a New York apartment that I thought was fascinating. Less is more but this is a little too less for my taste. I would never enjoy meditating over a revised toilet.

Lorajay 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello there. That's what I call "less is more." It's such a simple but efficient life rule. Actually, my philosophy is based on this statement. As for Airbnb ideas, I've recently found the Best smart lock for Airbnbs. I have a few Airbnb apartments, so I've already installed this lock. I like how it works. Though it's not about minimalism, it can help you a lot to protect your apartments. So, I hope I've helped you. Anyway, let's keep this topic updated on creative minimalism ideas. BW

There are even smaller studios in NYC. Not for claustrophobic me.

Cool use of space for maximum efficiency! I would imagine the cost of putting it together would be quite high. I doubt you can just go down to IKEA and pick up all those closets and beds, not the mention the custom refrigerator and freezer. But in a city where the price of square footage is extravagant, the extra building cost might be offset by the savings on size.

Lol. You cannot meditate above the toilet bowl? When living off grid I had a woman visit for dinner every so often As I never got round to making the dining table she used to sit atop the porta potti toilet in order to eat hers from a plate balanced on her knees.

I notice that the chap does not own any books, music or pictures. Did he have a fridge freezer or pantry?

Virtual bedroom = virtual sex? At least the one double bed has built in restraints for BDSM & thrashing sleepers!

Why the table for 10? - 10 chairs & 10 trays to sit on the knee to eat from is the true minimalist way to go. If the tray is moulded there is no need for plates & bowls.

Small apartment = small mind?

Is this the ultimate in obsessive compulsive living?

He did have a freezer and refrigerator under the convection oven and there seemed to be plenty of storage. Though living in the city, there is little need for a pantry with little bodega type stores on every corner. If you need something you walk down the block and buy it.

@Barnie2years I've avoided such living most of my life. On fridge freezer that must have been a bit that I missed as the video got interrupted on my phone.

WOW, WOW, WOW. So when can I rent the guest room?

www.portdavisok.com is currently open but the separate cabin will not be available until spring. Some days I don't think it'll make it by spring.

@Lorajay Thanks for the info.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.