Agnostic.com

3 1

US heating bills set to surge as energy costs jump

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would seem that those who use the most will see their bill rise the most. Here, hydropower is the source of most electricity. Despite the reduction of snowpack in the rest of the country here it was actually above normal. Have heard about the situation with fossil fuels and propane provides a small part of my heating. However, when remodeling the house I understood the importance of insulation and in one section there is actually 3+ feet of insulation. LOL one might also see the price of insulation go up as the demand will increase.

What do you expect when you have an idiot in the White House who shuts down pipelines and oil and gas leasing on federal land. That’s his intention to drive up the price of fuel so his looney impractical electric cars can compete. Our only hope is to throw out those responsible for this idiot-icy in 2022 and 2024.

Keeping your record of being wrong 100% of the time intact. Congrats.

@Secretguy You libtards are the ones who don’t have a lick of sense!

@Trajan61 Go crawl back under your bridge or rock troll.

Time to wear layers in the house. Heavy quilts on the bed, too.

Why not just vote the people out of office who are responsible for this price hike.

Out of curiosity how does the average homeowner heat in your part of the country? Here, with lots of hydro power most of us heat with electricity. One way to reduce heating and cooling bills is with lots of insulation. I woman I once knew said she had insulation pumped into the outside walls of her house. As this was happening she could actually feel the heat increasing in the house.

Good question. I live in an old house which has been added onto a few times since it was built in the 1950s. So, I have 3 zones, and no central AC on the 2nd floor. I have a heat pump, an old oil furnace, and a small electric mini-split system for my music studio. The heat pump is pretty efficient. My neighbors on either side have installed geothermal heat. I wish I could afford to do this, but probably won't be staying in my house long enough to justify the expense. Most people around here use natural gas, oil, or solar, or a combination. Some also use electric heat pumps. My son has gas heast in his house in NE PA, my brother in NH has radiant floor heating, which is great! I guess it varies widely in the NE. I try not to turn my heat above 64 during the day in the winter, and 61 at night. As a result, I can tolerate lower temperatures. I have plenty of blankets and warm clothes. The houses around here are heavily insulated as well. I had insulation blown ionto my walls, and it made somewhat of a difference.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.