Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Trump Criticizes Colin Powell—And Slams Positive Media Coverage Of Him—A Day After His Death

As others paid tribute to the ex-military leader, former President Donald Trump on Tuesday criticized Colin Powell, the one-time secretary of state who died from Covid-19 complications on Monday, and the outpouring of praise that followed news of his death.

Trump’s criticisms of Powell follow years of animosity between the two catalyzed by Powell’s long-standing gripes with the ex-president, who he labeled as a “national disgrace” as early as 2016 (Powell remained a prominent critic throughout Trump’s time in office).

snytiger6 9 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How childish of 45 to do so. That shows how racist he is and wants this country to be.

He did lie to the UN to get us into Iraq.

From what I read about it, the George W. Bush administration first made the policy and than told intelligence and defense agencies to find material to support the policy. In short, Powell, like all military men was following the orders he was given. A case for invading Iraq could only be made using bad intelligence.

I find it ironic that Trump who demands absolute personal loyalty is criticizing Powell for his loyalty (which was misplaced in my opinion) to Bush.

@snytiger6 lying for loyalty is still lying. It doesn’t make it right.

Being denigrated by Trump I consider to be an honor! His admiration a sign that the person is as much a scumbag as Trump himself.

Who here knows of Colin Powell's 2003? lie at the United Nations alleging that Irag had WMDs --- weapons --- that led to the US's invading Iraq?

He was fed bad information and as a soldier was taught to obey his commander in chief. He has apologized and agonized over that speech ever since.

@Barnie2years So have over 150,000 innocent Iraqi's, let alone that many were women and children, who we killed thanks to his part in that lie. Everybody has fuck-ups, that's true, but mine don't cost 150,000 lives. That being said, I blame the populace for Iraq because they signed with Jr/Dick and insisted so politicians had to go with it or lose their seat. We bought the gQp shit then and we buy it now. 45 has made fun of many soldiers so why would he suddenly be respectful of Powell? 45 is not a fan of Jr/Dick and never claimed to be. That was part of his popularity, in fact.

@rainmanjr it’s what we do! We murdered millions in Vietnam for nothing more than to save face for the French and then spun it into some great communist takeover. Now they are a major trading partner. After spending decades putting their country back together again. We are responsible for much of the political unrest in Central America due to CIA meddling in their affairs. And Colin Powell was not really successful in the UN, since there was little support from our allies besides the UK. I blame Dick Cheney for the whole mess. Bush was just his puppet too.

@Barnie2years Well, if that's what we seem to be, then why would I care about these people who participated? Because he was a soft-hearted General? He cared so much about lives that he said, "Meh" when told it was them or his job. He was a military man and they accept death for superiority. I don't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.