Agnostic.com

36 5

In your opinion what is the most likely thing that could halt human progress?

Technology? Environment? Arrogance? Or?

atheist 8 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@atheist

I would say the thing is a conglomerate of the result of human immaturity of mind, and it breaks down into these parts:

1. Educational stagnation

2. Indiscriminate breeding

3. Over-reproduction

4. Laziness

5. Substance abuse

6. Stupid ideas

7. "Okay, but we need to see what happens if we do X"

8. Damaging the environment

9. Attacking ecosystems

10. Low-culture

11. Reliance on fossil fuel

12. Public health issues

13. Lack of support for advancements in science, tech, etc.

14. Lack of support for improving policy

15. Ignoring the possibility of aliens retaliating to environmental insults from humans

16. Most of traditional ideas

17. Most of culture

18. Impressionistic notions of global-scale issues like human purpose, economic plans, etc.

19. Globalism/indiscriminate de-culturalization

20. Reliance on bloc politics to do things & come up with ideas.

21. Rehashing expired, poorly supported ideas

22. Planning in the dark

23. Giving power and rewards to idiots and/or corrupt people

24. Serious environmental insults, like nuclear testing

@atheist

Nothing, because my purpose is already determined haha. The notion that the world can be saved is unattainable by a single person for a sheer lack of manpower.

Irrationality in all its guises

Humanity.

people, so population growth, overpopulation

My money is on is doing it.

The Idiot-In-Chief and his minions. It's happening now. Not only has progress halted, it has regressed.

Arrogance of humans. When you are so sure you are correct in all things, you can't develop new ways of adapting. Even a virus knows how to survive. I see too many humans with no self knowledge, awareness, floating in a sea of trash. **

Racial and political division.

Ignorance.

Humans!
Humans the only creatures that uses products not produce in nature by alternating them to suit their needs to change it's environment, hence destroying the ecology wholesale without any real regard for the other creatures in the ecological cycles of life on this planet t!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62931
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.