Agnostic.com

1 3

Land under. That is what we call weather when the sea is higher than the land. It felt just like that today. The rain came down hard and the roads and ditches flooded. I had to go out because my granddaughter had run the CR-V out of gasoline. There will be a talk between us. But no harm. I drove to the gas station five miles out of town with the warning light blazing. Got completely soaked through, drove home, and worried about the driveway, but no problem. My property is on a small incline towards the millpond. Still, there were areas where the rain had created "land under."
I am now worried about the coming winter. It will be snowy. All the Mountain Ash trees in the neighborhood are heavy with red or orange berries, a sure sign that the winter will be hard.
The cats begged to go out but changed their mind once they were out on the kitchen porch and felt the rain. This is just the beginning of an interesting Fall. Most types of apples are still on the trees. The pickers have the days off. I will spend some time in the Albany area for a funeral over the next few days. I find American funerals tedious. They remind me that I have not prepared for mine.
On this cheerful thought, I'll say good night.

Spinliesel 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're going to prepare for your funeral? I always just figured that it wouldn't be my problem 🤣

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.