Agnostic.com

2 3

Pandemic puppies
I wish people would do enough homework before they acquire puppies. 😒

Home Alone: The Fate of Post-Pandemic Dogs
[scientificamerican.com]

Ryo1 8 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always thought people should not have pets (excluding fish) if there is no one home to care for them. I have heard dogs crying in their backyards all day long, abandoned by their people every day, even seen their collars caught on fences. It is inhumane.

I considered getting a dog because I was unemployed for a bit, then WFH. My yard is not fenced, and I know my physical limits. A dog would have forced me to get out for walks more often, which is good. BUT, having raised a puppy when I was a full time mom, I knew the demands of puppyhood and adolescence, and I could see that not turning out well. And needing the house to be quite for extended hours while I'm taking calls for work, not a good combination. It is bad enough that occasionally my cat will start "talking" to me while I'm on a call, I can't imagine a barking dog! Too many people do what people do best, not think things through. Poor puppies...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630631
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.