Agnostic.com

5 14

Snow in the mountains and flowers blooming.

Snow at Mission Ridge Ski Area, Wenatchee, WA today.

My south-facing deck is protected by a roof with walls on three sides. Geraniums bloom into November.

It kills me to dig out flowering plants to make way for Christmas decorations! But after the plants freeze, they turn slimy. So I remove them before a hard freeze.

Do you have flowers and snow?

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just lots of rain

IT'S MILLER TIME...😁

@phoenixone1

Miller is my last name. It is Miller time!

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 27, 2021

No snow. Thank goodness. I hate cold weather. But I have had to, every spring, pull up everything, so it isn’t hard dried and difficult to remove once the summer heat lets up.

We've had about 4 inches of rain this week, but not cold enough to snow. But this weekend the plants in the garden will be pulled up and the garden tidied for winter. I am sorry to see them go, but now I can plan for next spring's planting season. I don't need quite so many tomato plants. But then again...

Greek salad?

@dalefvictor I made lots of tomato soup this summer, and it is in the deep freeze for consumption over the winter. And yes, I had lots of salads of all types this summer with fresh tomatoes. I keep a few herbs on the deck because of damn bunnies, and I got lots of pesto made, also in the freezer. My cats and grandcats (and neighbor cats) appreciate fresh catnip. Tomatoes do well here, and I love fresh tomatoes, so I pretty much focus on those, and the herbs.

@HippieChick58 Problem with Bunnies? We have deer and raccoons. The deer are alright but do not feed the raccoons as they get used to getting the food and then tear your place apart if it is not there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.