Agnostic.com

7 5

Just read this article on my MSN news feed.
According to a report from Sky News, " Attacks on Christianity are uncalled for, unfair and may well destroy the foundations of Western Society since Christianity built those foundations, Christianity gave us Architecture, Knowledge, the Sciences, our freedoms, our Moral codes, our Ethics, Art, Music and, most important of all, OUR FAMILIES."
So, after reading this plea for us tom cease persecuting (????) those poor little Christians I've come to the conclusions that,
A) Sky News is 110% full of Bullshit,
B) Sky News is, as we all know, owned by Wrinkled up Murdoch and supported, probably, by the Christian Religions as well, and,
C) We should ALL keep up the good work and criticize Christianity and every other Religion/Religious Belief until the cows come home non-stop and with every ounce of vigour that we can muster.

Triphid 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A Christianity gave us wars and death and pious bullshit back stabbing and bad examples ....they use to be the only ones that could afford to sponsor artists and architects and mathematicians....while priests controlled and lived in luxury

A heroic act of courage and self sacrifice, going deep into the enemy camp to gather information, you deserve a medal and a pay rise !

And don't ever do anything so stupid again !!!!

You've got to joking.
I enjoy making forays into the enemy camps.

@Triphid Careful. The threat to mental health is serious, you would not want to catch whatever it is that Evangelloon caught would you ?

@Fernapple Mental Illnesses are NOT Contagious and so are caners btw.
Evangeloons 'problems' stem from over-usage of Drugs and Alcohol caused long. long before he shifted camp from the streets of the cities on the coast of N.S.W. and came out here

@Triphid As just a mater of fact, some mental illnesses are contagious, like rabies, BSE, Consumption and brain thrush.

@Fernapple May I suggest you do a little research into such diseases BEFORE stating that they cause Mental Illnesses and also what PRECISELY Mental Illnesses REALLY are.
For example, Consumption, aka Tuberculosis, Yes it is considered as being a contagious disease BUT it can cause Cerebral Meningitis on some not so regular occasions, Infections, etc, of the Brain and its surround tissues are NOT Mental illnesses they ARE in FACT DISEASES caused by Infective Agents, etc.
Mental Illnesses are illnesses caused by and resultant from, in most cases, chemical Imbalances within the brain itself, there are other Mental Illnesses such as Socio-pathic Behaviours, etc, etc, and the exact/precise cause of these is as yet still being researched but they too are NOT Contagious.

@Triphid I stand corrected. Thank you.

@Fernapple No worries, nice to know someone who is not afraid to accept/admit when they've been wrong.

It's easy to appear as though their faith is the foundational pillar when they murdered, persecuted, disparaged, and disallowed everyone else.

I thought it was the Greeks who built the foundations of Western civilization and architecture. And the Founding Fathers certainly thought so.

They are not required to have a knowledge of history, in fact it is better if they don't.

Along with theology, science, philosophy, law, political thought, geography and........ Well its just best not to do the knowledge thing at all. LOL ( This is no joke, I really have heard believers make that argument.)

@Fernapple Seems that some have a tenet against non-biblical knowledge, that "if it's not in the bible it's not worth knowing."

@Paul4747 The Bible is the one book someone will still read to you when you are grown up, like a bedtime story every Sunday. Saves you having to do any reading for yourself.

And it is so mixed up and contradictory, it is virtually meaningless. Saves you having to think for yourself.

@Fernapple AND, the one reading from it to you also adds in his/her own interpretations as well plus accentuates, etc, to impress their interpretations deeper and firmer into your mind.

@Triphid Of course, being completely contradictory and meaningless it can be interpreted to say anything you want, which is what makes it the number one most popular book, with those who like to tell others what to think.

Yea... that's nonsense. Architecture and knowledge (very vague) predates Christianity. Christianity has a long history of working to denounce science. Christianity has never supported freedom except for themselves. Christianity is a terrible guide for morality. Art and music far predates Christianity. Families predate Christianity.

I'd actually be hard pressed to find anything of true value that Christianity has given the world.

Also, Sky News is an Australian conservative website. So... not exactly impartial or balanced.

Liars, damned liars, politicians, Sky News.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.