Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK A Gay Music Teacher Got Married. The Brooklyn Diocese Fired Him

We know that the catholic church loves to do this and yet enables and protects predator priests. I read recently that Leviticus 18:22 "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" is mistranslated and is instead forbidding having sex with a boy, which makes it even worse.

OldMetalHead 9 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He was working for a job was a Catholic bent to it. He knew the repercussions of his actions. I don’t like it but the diocese has every right to fire him

@OldMetalHead maybe but the school does not receive public funds. They are not under any discrimination laws.

@OldMetalHead what about it? They are a private, religious-based institution. They are exempt from it.

@OldMetalHead no. He works for a religious-based school. They receive nothing in taxpayer money and it is part of the school’s deeply held religious beliefs. They are exempt from EEOC regulations

@OldMetalHead Just like that Colorado couple refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple or Hobby Lobby refusing to pay for birth control, religious beliefs are protected under the Constitution

Sorry, but this person knew what he was getting into. Evidently, he was committed to the church but expected a special consideration. The problem was not the relationship but the marriage commitment. Maybe, just maybe this will cause him to reconsider being active in the church.

@OldMetalHead However, one thing I read upon a re-reading, which I had noticed before showed they're may be some good from this *"...whose faith had been deeply shaken by the events of the last several weeks.... " Lets hope so.

I once took a paycheck as a music teacher from a church (band, choir and handbells), but that was a long time ago. And even though I believed most of what it stood for back then, it still made me feel icky. I got out early.

This music teacher should seek employment in a different setting. If he is talented, I’m sure he will be in demand.

Well… Covid requirement have made it legal to terminate people for what they do or don’t put in their body. On a basic level, there isn’t much difference.
Good for them.

@OldMetalHead at the end of the day, it’s simply being fired for what you put in your body.

Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio epitomizes everything that is wrong with the Roman Catholic Church.

Fucking hypocrites.
Have I mentioned lately that I want to see the rcc sued into bankruptcy?
It has to have been a few days since I said it last.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

Shout it from the rooftops! And keep shouting it!

I guess the Pope, or Poop, lied when he said, "Who am I to judge?" when asked about homosexuals. He has the authority to tell his flock to cut it out; all that shit does is utter platitudes and smile, and pretend to be caring and more liberal.

@Beowulfsfriend The Roman Catholic Church has only one purpose: its own continued existence, and it does not care how many lives it ruins in the process.

@anglophone Agree

@kkgator But, how do you feel about this

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630812
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.