Agnostic.com

1 2

Here are some excerpts from Beats writer William S. Burroughs "Advice for Young People"

Never interfere in a boy and girl fight.

Beware of whores who say they don't want money. The hell they don't.
What they mean is that they want more money; much more, these are the most expensive whores what can be got.

If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing; his word isn't worth shit, not with the good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.

Avoid fuck-ups. Fools, I call them. You all know the type -- no matter how good it sounds, everything they have anything to do with turns into a disaster. Trouble for themselves and everyone connected with them.
A fool is bad news, and it rubs off -- don't let it rub off on you.

Beowulfsfriend 9 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know if I can agree with him about fools, some people just have bad luck. But mostly what I read of Burroughs always seems right on. The bard of the junkie.

My favorite is a deal with a religious son of a bitch - so true. There are others from the titled piece that I avoided posting purposefully.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:631079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.