Agnostic.com

9 32

Just made Cranberry-Apple Chutney.

I added two more apples and extra apple juice.

NOTE: This website deletes numbers and words in posts and our profiles. So I spelled numbers. My emails about it ("Contact Us" ) fall on deaf ears.

Cranberry-Apple Chutney

Three cups brown sugar
Two cups white vinegar
One cup apple juice
Two tsp. ground ginger
One tsp. granulated garlic
One-quarter tsp. coriander
One tsp. cinnamon
One-half tsp. nutmeg
One-half tablespoon fresh orange peel, diced.
One-half tsp. salt

Five Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced
One package (twelve oz.) fresh cranberries
Two cups raisins

Combine the first group of ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan (brown sugar through salt). Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.

Add the fruit to the mixture in the saucepan, then turn to very low, and cook until the chutney thickens. The amount of time will vary with the amount of juice in the apples. But it needs to cook at least one hour. Stir frequently. Remember that it will thicken as it cools, so remove it from the heat just before it reaches the very thick stage. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Makes twelve half-pint jars. It's great on turkey, pork, rice and toast.

Divide between containers if you are giving the chutney as a gift. I can it in pretty jars.

My friend Kami ate an entire jar with a spoon while standing at the kitchen sink thinking:
"I wonder if the next bite is as delicious as the last?"

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok, so cranberries are not a thing in Aussie. Searched everywhere, no frozen, no dried, so I'm going to have to work out a substitute. ☹

May I ask what time dinner is?

Delicious.

Beyond my capabilities, but it sounds delicious.

@Sierra4

It keeps beautifully in the refrigerator. You could make half a batch.

Thank you for that recipe. With Summer coming up that will be nice to make and make good prezzies for my siblings. It looks like it will go well with cheese too, like quince, have you tried that?

@Cyklone

Eating it with cheese and quince sounds lovely. Never thought of that.

I don't eat much cheese. Quince does not grow here. A different climate.

This about sums it up...😂

Sounds yummy.

slather that.

I love that stuff, do you do mail order?❤️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:631368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.