Agnostic.com

7 2

Creativity: What is it?

AstralSmoke 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Creativity to me is Our Ability to Become gods... to make something out of nothing. Let that be combining letters into words and words into phrases in a blank piece of paper. Changing a skyline with a building. finding notes in the pentagram. combining colors, forms, shapes in a piece of stone, wood, clay or a canvas... making through acting a character that was not there come alive... create a reality touching our emotions. OUR ABILITY OF BECOMING GODS, THAT FIRE INSIDE THAT CAN'T BE PUT OUT OR TAME.

a unique expression of the individual in whatever small or grandiose way that may be.For me it may be cooking without recipes, building my own house. making swales and berms on my pasture to see what may grow with better use of water or crocheting lace. None will be declared art but it is the use of my own skills and vision

Very nice description "expression of the individual".

It is seeing, thinking and inventing outside the box of convention. It is the difference between Humanity an all other sentient life forms.

The ability to see things not as they are but as they could be, and the ability to convey that vision to others.

Well, AstralSmoke, I can tell you that creativity is. That's about it. Of course, I could get all creative and come up with explanations, but they'd all be just so much creative bullshit.

I think it is the ability to look beyond what is and make something new that did not exist before, it is the expression of the unique.

I think creativity is the ability to see things in ways that others can't or haven't yet. It can be in any area, not just literature, music, visual arts, etc., but also in science, technology, cooking, comedy… even in how people approach their daily routines.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.