Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Oroville City Council Votes to Make It a 'Constitutional Republic City'

A city council in California voted 6-1 in favor of designating the city a "Constitutional Republic City" in an attempt to skirt state or federal orders it doesn't want to enforce.

The move follows more than a year of state and federal mandates concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, though city officials said the resolution was not tied to any particular mandate or effort by California Gov. Gavin Newsom or by President Joe Biden.

According to a report from ABC 7, the Oroville City Council overwhelmingly voted in favor of the resolution after the city's Vice Mayor Scott Thomson requested it.

snytiger6 9 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder how they are doing now. Did they manage to create this “republican city”? it reminds me of that episode of Family Guy when Peter wanted to create his own county named “Petoria”. And he did it because the city would not allow him to build a pool inside his house🙂
And I suppose the actual city residents had no word in these decisions. It makes me think there should be a better system to ensure communication between the residents and the city council members. My good friend lives in the UK, and they have a system like this in their city. this platform allows them to rate or report incidents in councils and create requests and petitions to influence the decisions being made.

Who could blame them for rebelling against the outrageous and radical policies of the communist republic of Kalifornia?

I'm so tired of this infantile shit. Waa waa waa we want to make up our own rules. This of course has absolutely ZERO legal or constitutional standing, so they are literally claiming to be defending the constitution by pissing on it. Performance patriotism illustrated.

Sounds like a town full of cry babies.

So be it! Cut them off by all state funds, police enforcement, and school funding.

Cut off all state and federal funding to their town. See how long they last.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.