Agnostic.com

11 0

After 10 min. you can't stand the person! What do you do? Have you ever changed your mind after you got to know them?

atheist 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh yes. In one case it made me homeless for 9 months. It was still worth it. I simply remove myself, in a fair and unblaming way, from prolonged proximity to them. By not placing blame on them it preserves the friendship but it’s also pretty clear that friendship has limits.

leave and never come back that simple

I’ve a difficult time hiding my emotions, seems they register fairly accurately on my face. Likely more of a disappointed or annoyed look I suspect. Anyone who's irritated me to that extent usually moves on. And if for any reason they’re amused by my irritation - I’ll move on ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I look for the chinks in peoples armour as my nuts are swollen enough and I'm a pretty good judge of character. I don't get in too deep straight away unless I'm drawn in. this is because like anyone I've been crapped on by friends to family. trust your gut too.

Some of my closest friends are people who I didn't like when I first met them, but because of circumstances, I ended up spending quite a bit of time with them. I learned not to trust my first instinct.

Don’t EVER marry someone. Seriously. You become a vulnerable prisoner crossing your fingers. It’s not even in our financial interests anymore. You can make contracts and Living Wills that are targeted to protect partners in specific ways but marriage is all inclusive. You lose.

Have a rough divorce?

Divorce is a freeing thing but still paying for the honor of being loved.

Bad listeners are my pet peeve . I can’t stand these blowhards,They are the most annoying people ,never inquisitive and extremely boring .I make my exit as soon as possible

I live by the notion that every stranger is a friend not yet made. However, not every stranger is worthy of that trust. Sadly, the way we find this out is to offer the trust until they prove themselves to be unworthy of that trust. This one little piece of my life philosophy has brought me very close to the end of life on a few occasions, but it has also allowed me to experience the presence of some truly wonderful folks.

So, what happens when I realize that this stranger would be much better to remain a stranger? I have no problem with saying goodbye and sending someone packing, and if they don't seem to understand, I have no problem explaining.

I have a 10-minute rule too.
Coffee works best.

I try not to judge. There have been times I find myself not liking a person. I usually try to look at myself and see if it's a character defect that I see in them, that I also have.

I like that answer.

Usually when a person just talks about himself and his own self centered points of view .I can not stand these type of jerks .These people never listen and never ask questions a sign of of a dullard .I have never changed my mind about this type of individual .What do I do ? Avoid future contact or interaction

I'm assuming you're talking about a date. Unless they do something really stupid or offensive, see it through. It's one night out of your life, and your first impression could be wrong.

Im liking you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6337
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.