Agnostic.com

4 2

Are you going to Thanksgiving dinner with unvaccinated people?

I am. My only child Claire refuses to get vaccinated. Although she never went to church, she got a religious exemption at work. Darn it, I helped her become a good writer!

"You must get a Covid test three days before I arrive," I told her. "Text me the results. I will not start driving to your house until I see a negative test report."

Ahead of time, I will make our favorite desserts: pumpkin pie and lemon bars. Claire loves lemons. As a child, she ate lemon wedges. Also will make what we call Green Potatoes: twice-baked potatoes with steamed, minced broccoli, cheese and a little milk.

At Claire's house, I will roast a turkey breast. Although Claire is working until 3:30, her job is to make a salad or cut up fresh vegetables. And help with the dishes.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like you're taking good precautions. Since you are fully vaxxed, you likely won't pass anything on to her - and you'll be fairly protected from anything she might pick up after her covid-19 test.

If you have worries, you might see if you can pick up one of those Rapid Covid-19 Antigen Self Test Kits, with 2 test swabs in the box. They have results in 15 minutes. You could do it as soon as you arrive. They are under $25 - and could give some priceless peace of mind.

For a close family member that I love, yes I would spend Thanksgiving with an unvaccinated loved one, since I'm fully vaccinated and boosted. I would not share an indoor dinner with an unvaccinated person I didn't love dearly. Thankfully 2 of my special ones I'll be spending time with just got their first kid's dose last week. 🙂

I will be spending the day and night with my half vaxxed grandkids 5 & 7, and fully vaxxed daughter and son-in-law on the day after Thanksgiving. I keep myself very safe and I'm triple vaxxed too, so I have no qualms about spending some close snuggles with my grandkids.

I will risk hugs for them and me, but I do not hug anyone but family. That is my rule. I keep myself super safe primarily just for the thrill of hugging my close family. That is my reward for social distancing all the rest of the time. I self isolate for a few days after I return from travel just to make sure I'm not carrying anything in my nostrils or throat.

I will be having Tday with some of my immediate family and also daughter's boyfriend's family. I know a few of them have had Covid. I hope to Dawg they have all been vaccinated. My kids and their partners and their dad have all been vaccinated. I've had my third, and I'm sure my ex has had his third. Ex may be conservative religious, but the also has a degree in biology and is germ phobic. There may be an announcement this week from my youngest regarding her almost 5 year old not being an only child for much longer... She is going to be at that Tday gathering so I hope all the non immediate family guests are vaccinated. I'd rather see my kid than them.

And the address is?

With my sons both fully vaccinated

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 15, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634060
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.