Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK The latest sex and dating trend? Celibacy.

Those who are not ruled by their libido understand this. Those who have a low testosterone level will find it easier than those who have a higher level. Hormones. They direct us all. How we choose to respond has become far easier with certain devices. It is easier for a girl to resist temptation when she is not raging with desire.

Mooolah 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my experience the best relationship usually begin as good friendships.

Yeah no. Hook-ups by their very nature are not dating, they're about sex. That's it. But these women seem baffled when a man takes off after hooking up with them. Well duh. Did they think if he had a great time that he'd stick around for a relationship? That's foolish.

Hormones are tremendously good for us and we only have a relatively short period of time in which to enjoy them. Some of us have a very short period of time left to enjoy them. I don't have time to stay intentionally celibate for 8 months or a year or whatever. What if these women were clearer about their intentions when they meet someone? They could simply be upfront that they aren't going to have sex until a relationship is established. Clear communication seems a lot easier than creating a celibacy movement.

Safe, effective and a choice. This is not a movement. It is acknowledging that is is a choice & not aberrant as most people view celibacy. It is not forced as in some religions of cults. celibate from 1979 to 1998. Then from 2003 to 2021. Prior to those segments I was very active & became bored with the whole scene. Different is not wrong & normal is statistical. At one time in history chastity was normal, expected, enforced. The opposite is true in Western cultures. Choice is what I am advocating. Movements are always corrupted.

@Mooolah Apologies, I presumed "movement" when they said "trend."

I'm all for choice, and everyone must take responsibility for what works best for them. Many people choose celibacy to center their head and clear out the nonsense, and it sounds like it worked like that for you. But celibacy is a thoughtful decision, not an unfortunate side effect of not having a partner. It's not a choice if you're going without sex but want it.

The way it's phrased in this article, what they're actually doing is abstaining from sex. They still want to look for a relationship and perhaps enjoy other forms of affection, and they also want sex. They just don't want sex without a relationship, so they're abstaining until they've secured that. But I stick with my main point that good communication may get them what they want in a more straightforward manner, and save them from investing their emotions in someone who only wanted to hook up.

Fun is what is paramount in life.

Yah. Sounds like fun.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.