Agnostic.com

3 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Difficult? It is nearly impossible to get over childhood trauma.

Agreed, especially sexual trauma. Very few disclose sexual abuse immediately, many not until years or even decades later, and some never disclose. I didn't disclose until over 20 years later, long after there could be any legal ramifications (there should be no statute of limitations on childhood sexual abuse). Then I relived it when, even after I confronted my dad and disclosed my abuse to my mom, my great niece told us he was molesting her. And what did my mom do? Called her a liar of course. Dad died in prison for molesting her. I now have no relationship with my mother, and I won't regret it.

@JonnaBononna I understand completely. Live your best life. 🤗

I have a friend who faced it and fought for many years. At 60 years old, she went public and even allowed her picture, with other abuse victims, on a billboard about the churches response, or rather lack of response. She never sued; her abuser is long dead.
An aside, she converted to Judaism when she married; she and her family are very progressive.

In many cases these traumas last a lifetime, especially sexual abuse. Very sad and unfortunate.

Not enough is done to their abusers.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:635322
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.