Agnostic.com

4 3

Do you think retro-style is returning back?

Well, recently, I have seen a lot of things with retro style. Even a popular game named Retro Bowl has retro-style graphics. So, I wonder that if the retro style is returning back? What do you think about that?

dashbrowns 1 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

All of the ways you can style clothes based on the 20th and 21st Centuries primary look have been done and continue to come back around. Mid century modern furniture is now in vogue and has been for a few years. LPs and turntables are very popular with some people. Some things will come back in style with some variation, and some things won't.

Retro just means “not old enough to be vintage or antique”. My decorating, dress style, and general demeanor do not fit any defined time period, so NO, retro is not “in style”.

Styles never go away, they just get ignored until someone decides to bring it back because it works for them. For example Betty Page resurrecting the Cleopatra hair style. Betty owned it like Johnny Cash owned Hurt by Nine Inch Nails. Few women could ever pull it off, but it was totally Betty.
Rap is from the 1920's, at the time it was associated with white bands, now it has been resurrected and it's associated with black bands even though it was Debbie Harry (Blondie) that brought it back in the 70's.
Art, culture, design, and style are ubiquitous to the entire human race, feel free to select any option that pleases you, but remember it's mostly presentation so it is done for the benefit of others, so care about how others might judge you at least a little. You don't want to be one of the people that say "I don't give a fuck what people think of me!" or you might end up in one of those funny Walmart people photos.

Oh I would love to be in one of those, "funny Walmart people photos." Its near the top of my bucket list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:635571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.