Agnostic.com

21 6

Who's child free and over 35?

Peeps1313 3 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 40 and happily sans progeny. I think it's rather immoral to have children, honestly, though if people would like to adopt or foster children I think that's a viable option for scratching the parental itch.

I am! It's the best decision i ever made. Children complicate life ten times over. I've had a few dates with men who's ADULT kids cause so much misery. Parenting never ends.

0 kids is the best thing to do for the planet. They have mothers day and fathers day. When are they going to have a No kids day?

The same time they stop giving tax deductions for having kids. To my way of thinking those deductions should go to those who do not have kids. Less stress on the planet and on the cost of providing public services.

Never had one. Never will.

me

skado Level 9 Dec 3, 2017

Me. I don't think I should have kids, to be honest. Not that I have a wife or girlfriend to have them with me, but the point stands.

Me! I'm 67, and my late wife didn't want them, either. If there's one thing in my life I have no regrets about, it's my choice to be child-free.

Never wanted any, never had any. As a teacher, I knew what they were like to deal with all the same.

Me 2

I do have children, but i'm free of them.
Having the best of both sides.

I have not impregnated any of the women that I have "known." That I know of.. 😀

Not me....but I would like to meet a gent 60-65 and with his grand-kids living far away (no grand kids is better)

29 and child free.

me yippeeeeee

I'm over 35 but not child-free. Many of you said in your responses that you never regretted your decisions - I've never regretted mine, either! I like to say this shop is closed, no more for me, but this can be problematic with dating. Men my age often change their minds and start looking for someone to have kids with. I'm open to different ages, different parental statuses, but I'm wary of someone who is child-free as they may change their minds.

This thread has actually helped with that - if my kids aren't an impediment, then my "no MORE kids" stance shouldn't be!

chose not to have children in my teens

I chose no to have kids. Period.

that's what I meant I decided never to have children when I was a teenager

I'm 55. I have no kids. I was raised to believe tht you get married and have as many kids as you can, as that was part of "god's plan", but I left the Mormon church and realized that is wht they wanted for me. I don't really like little kids... and I am gay.

I did think about adoptign kids or taking in gay kids who got kicked out their homes by their parents, but I was not in a good position financially, or in a good enough relationship to ever do that.

My general opinion about having kids for others is, that if yu have already turned 40, you really need to ask yourself if you want to deal with a teenager when you are in you 60's.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.