Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK U.S. JAILING Women For Having Miscarriages - YouTube

This is taking Pro-life to extremes.

snytiger6 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I too am tired of clickbait headlines. They are especially harmful when you share them with people that are looking for reasons to dislike your point of view.

The fetus is lucky it aborted. I have a neighbor with a 13-year-old grandson who did not abort during his mother's methamphetamine binges and he is very mentally and emotionally disabled.

The woman should have been sent to treatment instead of jail. This is from Lawton in Comanche county Oklahoma which is my home town. The women's surname is a very common Kiowa Native American name and I'm sure her ethnicity did not help her avoid jail. Here's one of her famous relatives that made it to Wikipedia.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Agree. Tragic on both sides of the fence.

Matthew, drug usage needs to be noted in the click bait headline. A minute into the spoken story is longer than I want to wait for this important info.

IMO a pregnant woman has a right to a no-cost abortion, but aren’t there ways to get high that don’t harm a fetus?

Personally I am all for providing addiction recovery services to those who need them. Put pregnant women at the front of the line.

However, that the woman used drugs to me does not make her guilty of anything. It is up to the state to prove that the drug use caused the miscarriage beyond a reasonable doubt, which I don't believe they are doing. I think they a just showing the women used drugs while pregnant and lock them up without showing that the drug use caused the miscarriage.

Going to prison for something that is not there fault is crazy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:637201
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.