Agnostic.com

5 1

Do you feel alienated? How do you think you are alienated? How would you qualify and quantify that feeling? If you hesitate and say I really don’t feel alienated, why is that? Why might others feel alienated? (Remember there is both a national and global context.)
(Alienation=As a passive psychological term alienation means to become isolated and estranged from some valued connectivity. It is experienced and internalized as a feeling of sorrow and grief at some indefinable loss that cannot be recuperated.)

Full disclosure: taking a survey to see how people feel about alienation in the post-modern age of MAGA?

Hope4Zoe 6 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I feel alienated. The caricature that we have for president said I am a rapist, I gringo drugs, I bring crime, and said there is a small possibility of me being good. If it was just his opinion, I would be much less that concerned, but half of the country, voted for him, and a good number of those, the deplorables, did it because they believe likewise. And just a word of caution: he, or one of his cronies would chop your head at the first opportunity if you don’t agree with him. So, are you feeling alienated yet?

No, I don't feel alienated. I'm an introvert with a small group of friends, so there's really no sense of isolation or alienation.

I feel very isolated due to geography as a left- leaning, intellectual non-believer (figure about a 90% fundamental christian, far right, lucky-if-they-stayed-through-all-of-high-school local population). I actually hide my politics, disbelief, and education from all but the closest friends here.

I am also not a very so-called "proper" woman as I am educated, work to support my family, did not remarry, am outspoken, do not fix my hair or don make-up, and disdain what passes for fashion, which further ostracizes me from the churchie locals as well as my in-laws who staunchly believe in biblical/1950s gender roles.

At least my parents, kids, and cats like me. Also, I always find people to talk to while I am out and about.

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I totally understand

I live in Tennessee, and it seems like everyone I meet is either a trump supporter or is afraid to speak up. I never talk about my beliefs, because I always feel outnumbered.

yes. Maga lays on my shoulder like a cold blanket dipped in acid.I live in a rural area that was fairly isolating already. Luckily most are not invested in MAGA

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.