Agnostic.com

6 19

Lovely alpenglow up the Icicle River today.

Alpenglow is the rosy light of the setting sun on high mountains. "Up the Icicle," locals say.

In Washington State in December, the sun sets around 3:30 p.m. We are careening toward the Winter Solstice on December 21, with the shortest daylight hours of the year.

It was colder than a witch's tit, as my mother used to say.

Photo by Michael Powers of Leavenworth, WA. He has a superior camera and skills.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always wondered where that expression, "Colder than a witches tit," comes from. ALl the witches I have known have had warm breasts, and warm hearts.

Great photo

twill Level 7 Dec 12, 2021

So that colorful phrase is country wide phrase.

@freedom41

Interesting. My parents and I grew up in Michigan.

We’re just a bit behind you here in Northern Ireland with sunset today 12th December set to be at 15..58 pm. No frost, ice or snow here though and a high of 12C - or 54F this afternoon.

Wonderful picture, worthy of a pro photographer.

@Fernapple

Michael Power is an amateur photographer. He hikes daily in the mountains with his camera.

We ran into each other up the Icicle River. He emailed me this photo.

Great pic

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 12, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.