Agnostic.com

11 7

Isn't the idea about the rapture silly?

Lol I've come across so many people these last few moist, who are convinced the rapture will be in 2018 that it is just freaking funny as hell! They've been warning me to get saved so I don't end up in the pits of hell. If everybody prepared for this rapture every time someone said, I'm sure by now all of our lives would be over just for waiting for the rapture to happen. I look at it this way. You have to be your own hero and rescue yourself and get yourself out of a hard situation called life. People don't realize that they cannot wait for a god to LITERALY come from out of the sky to rescue them out of this earth. I've accepted now that life is hard, but I am strong and I will do what it takes to get through through this life and see the brighter side of things. I need to be my own hero and make the best of this life I've been given here on earth. There's too much to be happy about, regardless of the ups and downs in life.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh, I don't know... the anti-christ is already positioned in the White House.

godef Level 7 Dec 12, 2017

I have a big concern over this frustrating theory.
It would seem to me that there are certain countries that appear to be attempting to orchestrate and start a world war to bring about the biblical Armageddon.
Many Christians believe that they are going to be "raptured" when it happens, and the world leader seems to have the full backing of evangelical Christianity to make it happen.
The pre-trib rapture people seem to think that if they can orchestrate the prophecy into a reality, then they can be "taken to heaven" as soon as it happens.
I feel that it is a dangerous theory that, exempts those who believe in it from the responsibility of caring for the Earth, and allows the rampant greed that exists in the world today.

Donna Level 6 Dec 6, 2017

A local atheist group was trying to get a party together during the last predicted "end of the world". They were wanting to fill blow up dolls with helium and release them to freak out the rapture believers. I don't know if they actually did it or not.

Lmfao! They probably would have fell for it.

I saw that too, and found it hilarious!

Christians forget, their goal is to be Christ-like, which is the same as Enlightenment or "No more suffering".

You may try:

1. With a command caring voice, ask them, Have you been Christ-like or seeking to be Christ-like? Have you committed blasphemy, been using God's name in vain to prevent others from knowing God? Have you been worshipping Money and Material things over the poor? "Giving money to a cause is not the same as connecting with someone who needs help" -paraphrased Mother Theresa.

2. Back at them... Are you sure you're prepared for the rapture? After all good deeds, you are still filthy in God's eye? Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, etc were saved from destruction and they weren't Christians, they were Christ like. You may proclaim God all you want, are you really serving God or Money? You either stand with God or you're against him. The Greed driven soul-less Corporate entity is what revelation warns you about... so are you serving to help the poor or are you buying into material things from the soul-less corporate entities?

LOL... yeah... some of these phrases are a little out there, but so is Christianity.

Yes, quite silly. So is this:

[nakedpastor.com]

Wow! I looked at it and all I can say is ,"wow!"

So, what? Join a nudist colony? See ya.

Complete fantasy...

It is not just silly. It is sheer lunacy! Anyone with half a mind who has ever read Revelations has to feel that the entire book was written by a demented lunatic.

From what I can surmise in my studies, it would appear that the Book of Revelation was written about the time of the fall of the Roman Empire, and instead of being prophesy was an attempt by the author to draw metaphorical symbolism to theological astrology about an event that was taking place already in the present day history of their time.

Well written! It is amazing to me how the concept of the rapture so enraptures the religious. It is this type of concept that has brought Trump into power as the religious somehow think that he is fulfilling Christ’s prophesies and that if aramageddon was to come tomorrow then god would rapture them all up before this. The delusion and spell they live under under is hard for others to understand, but we see this type of thinking with smaller cults such as Waco or Jones town. The idea of the rapture is pure fantasy.

Jesus isn't coming back. People need to get over it. It's silly. Dooms day 3x this year, so the theists predicted. Lol. It's funny. I survived many raptures. Another check on my rapture card. Lol.

IKR!!! Lol

Jesus isn't coming over that pond?

what is the rapture?

The Rapture is a fundamentalist belief that the devout Christians will be ascended into Heaven without having to go through that pesky death stage, sometime near the second coming, and that the rest of us will be left behind.

I've been waiting for the Rapture for a long time, to be finally rid of those loons.

sounds great pity its a load of crap

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.