Agnostic.com

4 0

Let us all get together and start our own tax free religious, non religious sect, and use the money for fun and worthy causes.
We could put forth a platform of self awearness ,self improvement, a envirorment of excepting and helping our owne in a stronger financial political group that will have a say in things

joinlimbo 1 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

power [ money] corrupts . absolute tons of it corrupts absolutely

Sounds like a good idea. Are groups already in existence?

I like the motivations behind the idea. However, you must remember the quote about formign a religion, "Once it is organized, it becomes a lie."

I think many charitable organizations and other organization were formed in order to do good things, but over time, the main purpose of charities now seems to be able to raise enough to pay their board members huge salries and the charitable works become secondary. AARP, used to do a lot of activism for seniors, but now primarily just sellss them insurance and does very little activism... and the board members all get huge salaries.

In the end, as Cyndi Lauper said or rather sang, "Money Changes Everything". Once large sums of money are present, peopel start itching to get their hands on it, much like republicans are, at this pint, drooling to get their hands on Social Security. It drives some people nuts to see large suns of mney and not be able to take some for themselves.

I often wonder about L. Ron Hubbard and if when he started Scientology if he at first wanted to help people overcome their inner obstacles, but the amount of money involved changed things for him. I have red what his fellow science fiction writers wrote about him and they all thought he was a nice guy until he started a religion. Then, they no longer wanted to socialize with him anymore.

I'm in!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.