Agnostic.com

5 4

Here is another blatant example of human stupidity, this time from the UK. I actually found this because I wanted to find out if conspiracy theorists were targeting Pfizer's pill, and in fact they are! The Darwin Effect at its finest. 😟 [codastory.com]theorists-molnupiravir/

Organist1 8 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Darwin Effect. I hope they haven’t had any children.

Interesting, I just made a comment suggesting there will still be push back from some quarters. Have to say we really do need some population culling. These stupid, nutball, asinine, fools need to be culled. Luckily for us, they are doing it for us.

Good way to die

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 14, 2021

The internet has facilitated these loony conspiracy theorists to spread their dangerous anti-science messages like wildfire! You will never convince people to act in their own and, society’s best interests, when they’ve become paranoid through believing in some influential tik-tokker’s online blog instead of the respected body of scientific opinion. There is something quite sinister and surreal in the knowledge that large numbers of our populations believe in a completely different set of facts to us, (alternative facts), and ones that bear no resemblance to reality.

So much for the 'benefits' of technology.

@JackPedigo The unintended drawback to the www., which has brought great benefits to all of us, but it’s power to spread lies and to corrupt is certainly an undesirable side effect which I’m sure Tim Berners Lee didn’t foresee when he gifted it to us.

@Marionville Sorry, had to do a double-take as I didn't recognize with whom was replying (I think most go by the picture). Okay, I have been on this bandwagen many times before. Technology has some great sides but basically it has allowed more humans to live and squeeze more resources from a finite planet. I once posted a section of a TED talk about technology and where we are headed being dependent on it. I also posted a link to an article that spoke of the dangers of Artificial Intelligence. I just heard a report of robots being used to kill. We all know, more and more drones are being used to kill but this is the next step. Dependency on technology often leads to co-dependency. [theconversation.com]

@JackPedigo Sorry if I threw you with the new pic! It’s a picture I really like of my son Neil aged 15 months on the knee of a Masai warrior when we were in Kenya. He was one of the tallest and most beautiful men I’ve ever met…the men of the village we were visiting were all around 7 ft tall with the most enormously long feet. My husband who was 6’ 6” with size 12s…was dwarfed by them!

@Marionville More memories. I once had a life partner who was all of 5' 2". She traveled to Kenya and felt especially tiny by the size of the Masai Warriors. She loved the trip and had lots of stories. I wonder what the life span of the warriors was. The really tall people are notorious for their short life span. It seems the tallness makes it hard for the heart to pump blood to the extremities.

There is a conspiracy theory for every single thing you can think of floating around....why oh why would you go looking for one?

New ones are being sought and found every day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:639300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.