Agnostic.com

1 2

Wow, it has been great since my phone number got changed at last, the Crisis Help number is still the same though thankfully, but the peace and quiet is ever so welcome.

Triphid 9 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very pleased to hear that. Maybe you can relax some.

Very, very relaxed now.
Oh please don't tell Jesus Jockey but his Lady Friend, Liz, and I met for a coffee and a long talk about Atheism last week, she seems to be more than interested in breaking free from religion and the Catholic Church in particular.

@Triphid I feel, atheistic or not, EVERYONE needs to run from that cashlift church!!! Glad she's questioning.

@Lilac-JadeCanada No need for worries, my "bullshit" sensing system remained silent throughout our long and good conversation.

@Triphid We're in the midst of the residential school scandal here, & that bloody church is responsible. One school was in my city, & is being ground scanned as we speak.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Not a Catholic school...LOL.

@Triphid Yes, it was.

[cbc.ca]

[livescience.com]

@Lilac-JadeCanada Just as I suspected when I first read your comment.

@Triphid They are searching the old St. Joseph school that was here in Williams Lake right now.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I dread to think of what horrors they will find.

@Triphid Many of our neighbours had family in those schools, & the long term effects have been awful.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I can imagine what horrors went on there, I hear about enough of it from quite a number of my Clients who are survivors of Abuse, etc, from Catholic Schools, etc, themselves.

@Triphid Well you'd certainly have a good idea.

@Triphid This is the latest from the investigation here.

[wltribune.com]

@Lilac-JadeCanada Always best to resist the temptation to "jump the gun" imo.
But it does not sound to me as though they've searched and found nothing, more like we need to be prepared to learn of even more horrors and atrocities.

@Lilac-JadeCanada There a days and nights where I sometimes wish I had NOT heard the things I have heard BUT the inner me, so to speak, seems to remind me that since I've been through my own version of it all, then who better to help them.

@Triphid Great to know there are people like you who can help.

@Triphid Yes, & it's been called to have all school grounds searched now.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes they are now using Ground Penetrating Radar.
Sounds quite ominous to me if they are needing to that .

@Triphid The 215 remains of children found in Kamloops BC, is only a 4 hour road trip from us.

@Lilac-JadeCanada The Catholic Church has a great deal to answer for imo.
ANY Compensations pay-outs should made RETROSPECTIVELY and dated back as FAR as possible and Interest Charged upon the amounts accordingly AT the GOING Interest Rates any International Bank would charge on any Loan/s.

@Triphid They are trying to make them pay out compensation now. The searches are also wanting to be paid for by the church as well as an apology directly from the poop.

@Lilac-JadeCanada GOOD, I hope they take them for every penny they have.
I had yet another case of Institutionalized Abuse requiring my Counselling today.
This case dates back to the mid-50's and is, like the other 173 LOCAL cases I've been Counselling, involving the Catholic Church, no where near as horrific deaths -wise as over your way, but gut-wrenching enough.
This elderly lady now makes the 7th. female Abuse and Molestation victim I have on my records.
She told me that her Granddaughter recommended me and when I arrived at the lady's house I was greeted by her and then her Granddaughter who was one of very first Clients way , way back when I first started out.
Seems like word still travels around.

@Triphid Wow, just so prevalent everywhere. Hopefully you can bring her some peace of mind.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I think it can be done and I've started her off on the road to placing a claim for Compensation as well.

@Triphid Sounds good.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Since she is a bit older than I am and has 3 little Grandkids she thought that ANY compensation she could get would go well as a Trust Fund for the little ankle-biters.

@Triphid Great thought, as long as it works out well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:639343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.