Agnostic.com

6 3

The term "civil war" hasn't been talked about very much in the U.S., mostly just privately. But now, three former general officers of the U.S. Army have gone public to express their views--very much the same views that I and some of my friends have discussed. Our country could damn well sink into civil war if the Trumpian part of the Republican Party is able to launch a second try at sedition.

[huffpost.com]

mischl 8 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Civil War is what they want. And this time the populations aren't separated by geography.

In a word , no.

This has been my fear for some time now.

There have been SO MANY indicators that Trump's followers have been on this path for a long time. They consider themselves "patriots" whose job it is to tear down democracy. It's mental illness.

The usual 'if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality.' By the time it's broke will be too late.

But it damn sure IS broken.

@mischl It's still running. My dad had a Chevy Nova. The windshield was full of cracks, it leaked and burned oil and there had been a fire inside and most was burnt. Most of the instruments didn't work but it started (eventually) and ran so it wasn't broken.

@JackPedigo Haha, yes, I guess there's all sorts of definition of broken. But in the case of our democratic republican, it ain't running the way it's s'posta.

I've been trying to point this out to friends and relatives. Some of them are fairly unconcerned. I think this is a true red-light emergency. I don't know if we'll get through this, but it requires us to be aggressive about stopping it now!

The second try is already launched and cruising at full speed. Thank Putin and the Koch for that.

For sure, "preparation" is well underway. Trumpians are busy loading up the courts, gerrymandering the electorate, and installing loyalists in many state governors offices. Oh, let's not forget all the Pentagon chiefs that were installed by Trump. Some analysts believe the actual launch will be immediately after the 2024 election.

@mischl This has been underway for longer than most people care to know.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.