Agnostic.com

5 5

As if this day wasn't bad enough being it's the anniversary of my father's passing, I just got word a close family friend is in the hospital clinging to life sick with Covid, most likely Delta variant. More directly, he's my one uncle's best friend, and a good man he is but extremely stubborn. Tried to convince him to get vaccinated knowing he's pushing 70, even brought up his President (John is a diehard Democrat and Biden supporter) had said in the past getting vaccinated was the "patriotic" thing to do, but to no avail. Now John's on a ventilator and his family believes that he won't be able to pull through, lost consciousness and shortly before that some of his last words were that he wished he had gotten vaccinated, perhaps his suffering would not have been as severe then.

Times like this I feel helpless, and I'm reminded of my own physical limitations as one mere human being in a great big universe. Sometimes it seems some things in life cannot be helped enough. Yet another reason for me to disdain this time of the year...

SpikeTalon 9 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry Spike I hope your friend pulls through but I don’t know to many who do pull through after going on a ventilator.

It does happen. I know someone that got through it.

@Captain_Feelgood Yes it does but it’s pretty rare.

@Captain_Feelgood Got word he passed away this morning from Covid complications, he will be missed.

@SpikeTalon Sorry Spike. Seems like the best ones are the ones we lose. I lost one of my best motorcycle riding buddies in 2002 and I still miss him.

Correction above, John is 70 now, had a birthday back in October.

Wtf man . I am sorry 🙁
Breathe .

He passed away earlier this morning, and he will be missed by those who knew him well.

I'm so sorry, Spike. I hope he pulls through. But I know what you mean about guys like him, at his age being stubborn. Not much you can do, so you can't let it get to you too much. Yeah, you hate it, but it is what it is. Here's hoping for the best my friend.

This has been an all-around shitty year. My condolences Spike.

Thank you. Heard he passed away this morning, sad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.