Agnostic.com

6 17

Yesterday we got in a scary got car wreck. My face was bleeding heavily, my son was crying and terrified, the car was smoking and we feared it would catch fire — ans we were stuck outside freezing in the pouring rain.

A woman saw that moment and chose to be a good Samaritan. She called us over and let us wait in her SUV while waiting for paramedics to show up. She offered me towels for my face, called 911, and got on the paramedics when they were treating the woman with the wrist injury vs. me. She was incredible and a true angel during a really scary time. I’d love to find this woman to thank her for ker kindness.

This event is a reminder that ANYONE can CHOOSE to be someone else’s so-called “guardian angel.” In that split second when making a decision, we can choose to be exactly what someone else needs in that moment.

PS – My son’s wrist hurts, but he had an X-ray and is OK!

PPS – I was a passenger. My cute little blue Civic that I bought just a few months ago is fine. 👍

Apunzelle 7 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you are ok

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 19, 2021

Glad to hear that you and your family are ok. Get well soon.

Yes, I'd like to think that any of us could be that "guardian angel" when we find ourselves in an emergency situation. Your story reminds us that we all need to be prepared to be that for others, if in a similar scenario. Glad you are recovering from this traumatic experience!

Nice that you found somebody who stepped up to help.

I'm glad it was more jarring than life changing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640250
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.