Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Third-graders were allegedly asked to reenact events from the Holocaust. A staff member has now been put on leave.

A staff member at a Washington, D.C. elementary school allegedly asked students to re-enact the Holocaust last week. The incident is now being investigated and that staff member has been placed on leave, according to D.C. Public Schools.

The district "received a report of a classroom of students receiving a lesson that included portraying different perspectives of the Holocaust," last week, a spokesperson said in a statement to CBS News.

"Students should never be tasked with acting out any atrocity, especially genocide and war," the statement read. "Additionally, there were allegations of a staff member using hate speech during the lesson, which is unacceptable and not tolerated at any of our schools."

snytiger6 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty extreme considering their ages.......

That was an absolutely stupid thing to do. I am not sure what the teacher's learning objectives were for that project.
The Holocaust was a horrible thing. The school where I used to work, and where my kids attended, did readings and assignments and toured the DC museum in Middle School. It was a well planned learning experience on many levels. Parents were made a part as well. There were always speakers too.
The Holocaust needs to be taught; it must be taught; but, judgement on age appropriate material and projects is necessary.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.