Agnostic.com

9 0

Have you ever been body shamed?

I was once 144lbs, almost 2 years ago. I got body shamed for being too fat, due to my weight gaining medication. So May 2016, I got off the medication, went back to work and started losing weight fast. One year ago, I made it to 98lbs. It's been 1 year now under 100lbs. I'm now 94lbs. But...

Last night I tried to do the online dating app, MeetMe. Well, my messages got blown up by men. One guy was interested, then didn't want me because of my glutes not being huge or as nice as he would like. All I did was show a clothed side picture. I was basically body shamed. I have been working on my glutes a lot. I deleted the app again. I hate being body shamed at any weight I'm at. Army guys are assholes. I guess my body isn't the best. But I'm healthy. I drink a lot of water a day. Last Thursday, I had 8-16.9 FL oz bottles of water. 2 before the gym, 5 at the gym, and one after. I'll step up my workouts.

Have you been body shamed?

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You look awesome btw

Thank you.

Yes, many times. But I was that rolly polly chunk meister with crossed eyes, a butch haircut and plastic the tuba.... Thankfully, weed got me down from 365 to 245, but I still play the tuba

Cool.

My dad is the only one who calls me fat. I have a bit of a gut, but its not bad. What's weird is he has the physique of Ralph Cramden or Archie Bunker, and about the same temperament, too.

fuck what other people think. you cant, please everyone and never will. you will please someone though and that's you. you can't change stupid and you don't know their reasons and frankly, don't need to. keep doing what you like doing.

Thanks.

your more than welcome

What he said.

This must be an American thing.

Yes.

no its a human thing.

In high school, I got bullied by a kid who called me "bubble butt" and by another who dubbed me "droopy (butt)". Funny, but I do not think one can suffer both at the same time. I am very self conscious to this day, though by current fashion, probably have a desirable butt. Go figure.

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I don't even have a butt.

In primary school I was made fun of very often for being short and skinny. Secondary school wasn't nearly as bad but it did happen from time-to-time.

I was short and skinny as well. I'm 5 feet tall exactly.

I'm 5'5 and I weigh like 105. :"(

I’m “body shamed” by women all the time for being short. And that’s something I can’t ever change, so at least you can stay fit and do squats. So don’t fret.

Okay. Thanks.

One of the things I like about the nudist community is tha teveryone pretty much accepts everyoen else "as is" and for who they are.

No matter what body you have, there will be someone out there who won't like it. It is better to focus on liking yourself and accepting yourself for who you are and as you are. If you validate yourself, you won't mind so much when others aren't validating you. You spend all of your life with yourself, but very little time with most others. Don't give them the power to make you feel bad.

We all have this ideal picture in our heads of the kind of person we want to date/marry. However over 80% of us end up with someone quite different than what we pictured. Too much emphaissi i put onto looks... which don't last.

Yeah.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.