Agnostic.com

8 0

Are women inherently polyamorous? How often do they slip away for a lover in the afternoon? Apparently more than we know. In any case, they're strongly constrained by societal disapproval. Whereas society often says, "men will be men." Is that fair?
[pjcomico.medium.com]polyamorous-women-are-aroused-by-novelty-3748e18fe9cc

mischl 8 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A condensed version of these posts might be, "higamous hogamous."

Monogamy is my inherent state. One at a time - that's all I can handle. When I was dependent on a man, why would I risk losing the person supporting me and my babies? I have found the opposite to be true - in that men seem more prone to affairs outside a committed relationship. Sneaking off to meet a lover is not polyamory, it's cheating.

Omg you got that right!!

I can obviously speak only for myself and not for all or most woman.

I am naturally drawn to monogamy. Meaningless flings leave me empty and unfulfilled emotionally and physically. They are a turn-off for me.

I’m currently in a 6-year relationship with a man with whom I share magnetic chemistry. Other than a few short periods when we were separated due to challenges, I’ve never even considered cheating on him. Even the thought of kissing another man brought me to tears once when we were apart.

I think if there’s real love, strong chemistry, and strong sexual compatibility, there’s generally not a need to wander to other partners. For me, I get what I need both physically and emotionally from one partner.

Women like men have all different shades of sexuality. I'm sure some men would like all women to be inherently poly but that does not make it so.

It's a big leap to go from being slightly aroused to willingly spreading their legs. It sounds like projection of a promiscuous woman needing to rationalize her behavior. Given the consistent insistence on monogamy and the consuming interest in material goods, this essay is just so much salacious bullshit.

Really? Hard to believe. More men are or maybe. My experience is that women are about me, mine, my world, my home, what is yours is mine too, my dream, everything mine, suspect every other woman in man's life, my prince, gifts, photos, pda but not polyamorous - at least when they are on cloud 9. Humans in general are wired for polyamory is probably more accurate.

Who writes these articles?

Could we just broaden it to ask, "Are humans inherently polyamorous"? The answer seems to be, "Some." But it has been easier in most societies for men to practice this.

Hm-mm, how do I attach “amet”, Latin for “fun”, to “poly”?

@yvilletom Polyametic?

Hm-mm, read Sex At Dawn by Ryan and Jetha. They say hunter-gatherer females sought multiple partners, their purpose being to have several males providing for their children. Not novelty or adultery, pragmatism.

Polyandry is still practiced among some tribal societies. It sounds like economic necessity drives it much more than sexual appetites.

[facebook.com]

Add the consideration than hunting was dangerous, therefore having more than one provider was a wise precaution.

Yeah, we're still not too far from the "savage"

@Lorajay I can't escape the apparent biological fact that women have the "prize" that men are programmed to seek.

@Lorajay Speaking of necessity, my mother quipped memorably, “Necessity is the mother of invention and laziness is the father.”

I’ve often thought she may have been angry at my father..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:642104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.