Agnostic.com

27 8

Why do males love loud noises? Come on, guys, please explain.

Male jackasses have been blasting bombs (sounds like it) and illegal fireworks since it got dark at four p.m. We go through this on Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, July 4th, Labor Day, ad nauseum. Every July 4th, they illegally start raging wildfires.

Due to extreme fire danger (climate change), personal fireworks have been banned for the last five years. What do rednecks do? Brag about driving hundreds of miles to Idaho or an Indian reservation (they refuse to call them Native Americans) to load up on fireworks. "FREEDOM!"

I want to go to bed. No point. They never stop until after two a.m. They are a scourge on humanity. What the hell? Men, please explain.

My thermostat is set to drop to 65-degrees at eleven p.m. Shivering hard, I dived into bed under a down comforter. Ahh....

At midnight... KA-BOOM! The cacophony woke me up. Wrapped in a down coat, I watched fireworks from the bedroom window. It was beautiful.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fireworks are fun.

That said, I never lit them off past 10:00p back when I used to play with them.. I'm not an asshole.

I don't like loud noises. Maybe when I was young I did. Actually, I don't think I did. Unless it was Rock and Roll. I liked Rock and Roll when it was loud, but I think that's it. Now I am old and I don't like loud, even loud rock and roll.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:642526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.