Agnostic.com

3 0

Arguments about Israel/Palestine?

Who finds that their skepticism causes them to question the pro-Israel slant of our media? Do you find that you disagree with your more religious friends on this issue?

Krish55 8 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We need to separate the state of Israel from Judaism. To oppose the actions of Israel is not to be anti-semitic (Palestinians are semitic too, by the way). The concept of a two nations seems to elude both the Israelis and the Palestinians. Siding with Israel for political and strategic reasons does not help.

Interesting you should raise that. I dropped into a street protest in central Canberra on the weekend, with a succession of speakers talking about how much Israel gets away with what it gets away with.

I think there were less than 50 people there.

And that was all. And Canberra is like Washington DC, so you would expect some street presence.

Ugh. There are exactly two things about Israel. One - they have nukes. Two - they have US supported and supplied military equipment to kick ass in the region. So, really, it does not matter if I support a BDS campaign against Israel. They still win.

I can't argue. They are what they are !

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.