Agnostic.com

16 3

Anyone else vape and has it helped you quit smoking? I smoked cigarettes for 15 years but vaping has helped me to completely quit.

Shanabanana 4 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Vaping has been a game-changer for many of us ex-smokers. I smoked for a solid 10 years, and vaping helped me kick the habit for good.
It's like a smoother transition, you know? You still get that hand-to-mouth action, and the nicotine fix is there without all the harmful stuff in cigarettes. Plus, the variety of flavors is pretty rad.
If you're still looking for info on vaping, I've got a tip. I stumbled upon some e-cigarette info at a new store I checked out recently. They've got some legit resources without all the annoying ads. Maybe it'll help you out, too.

One of the coolest things about vaping, in my opinion, is the wide range of flavors available. From classic tobacco to fruity and dessert-inspired blends, there's something for everyone.

Awesome that you've stopped cigarettes. Eventually do you see yourself quitting vaping too? I am an avid soda drinker and I've tried to quit many times, but I always find that I don't really want to quit even though I know it's not exactly healthy and it just wastes money when I could be drinking water for free.

I quit four years ago with Chantix. I was a heavy smoker for decades and I am so happy I was finally able to quit. I am curious about vaping but I'll never try it because I don't ever want to fall back into nicotine addiction.

No you were smoking cigs and vaping.... I pushed you to quit... I was afraid of losing you to cancer or something.... Your welcome ....

Not personally, but I have at least half a dozen close friends that were able to quit completely thanks to vape.

Eh I didnt care for it. Luckily I can cold turkey pretty easily.

Im part Neanderthal and I think I have the addiction gene for smoking. Scientific insight is amazing.

Yep, been off the cigs this year after 10 years of smoking Winstons. I was reticent to try it, as I think any new technology that interfaces with peoples face makes you seem sorta douchey at first (ie google glass) but I’m really glad I switched now. People bitchin about it being a cop out or also not being the best for you may have a slight point, but if they wore a hat maybe no one would notice. Good job to anyone who can n did quit cold turkey, that takes nerves of steel. But there’s no call for bein judgemental toward those that need the help, and there’s no way it’s as bad as a pack n a half of Winston full flavors per day. Smells n tastes worlds better to myself n everyone around me, my nose works again and my throat is no longer dry as a bone/desperate for water at all times. Plus if you smoke herb in a non legal state, you sorta need something to help cover/replace the smell a bit lol.

I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey in December of 1999. It was difficult, but not impossible. You have to want to do it.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

Vaping did help me quit cigarettes, by very slowly tapering down on the nicotine.

Then I was off vaping for about two years.

Then I started driving for Uber. Found myself buying chips and candy to occupy my hands, brain, and time between meals/rides. Weight started creeping up and I'm back to vaping - at 3 mg.

My daughter and grandson vape. He works in a vape shop. I find the whole p[rocess funny- they sit somewhere surrounded by clouds of pretty smelling smoke. If you are trying to quit smoking, then quit smoking. If you are trying to quit nicotine, vaping is a way to go. I went cold turkey for my 30th birthday. It's the only way to go for me. I need to have skin in the game.

But have you really quit? Sounds like you swapped one vice for another. I smoked for over 25 years and tried a thousand times to quit smoking but then, 12 years ago I finally quit for the last time. Cold turkey. The only real way that works from my experience is just deciding you really want to quit, then just doing it.

I think most people have one vice or another. Of the many out there, I see vaping as pretty harmless and not very expensive.

Hey, it's way way better than cigarettes

I smoked for nearly thirty years and tried many times to give up - and with a vape, I was able to with no problems at all. OK, I'm still addicted to nicotine; but I'm no longer inhaling the tar from cigarettes - and that's what kills you.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

Vaping is also a terrible habit. couds if shit doing shit all.

Your comment doesn't make any sense to me

@Shanabanana
Nor does vaping to me, sweetness ?

are you quitting smoking by breathing in nicotine anyway? some people i know have started vaping who never smoked. fair play that you obviously did it the right way and stopped nicotine all together but that isnt what im seeing. people are vaping indoors where they never smoked. the amount of the vapour you can get in each breath is incredible. some vapes are as big as hubbly bubbllies. there are shops that are soully for selling vaperisers and the things that go with them.have they been tested properly? im just glad i gave up tobbacco nearly 14 years ago and it was the hardest thing to stop out of all my vices.

Yeah... You literally don't know what you are talking about. Research and get back to me.

@Shanabanana well what bloody research? it takes years to show the dangers as proved by the man who sued malboro successfully and won hence all the risks to your health put on packets. the other things I've seen with my own eyes so you don't know shit.

Yes. It worked for me. JUUL and now a Suorin Drop. Salt based nicotine e-vape juice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.