Agnostic.com

5 3

But you can still shag your sister it seems?

France to prohibit incest [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honestly what two consenting adults do with their bodies is none of my business. The only moral argument I can see against incest is procreation, I'm not sure of the chances of babies inheriting a mental or physical disability but I could get on board with no procreation with close blood relations.

Tejas Level 8 Jan 12, 2022

Quite right. Consenting adults, with an emphasis on consenting should be free to follow their own desires, provided one of them is sterile.

@Petter you control freak - "provided one of them is sterile"!

@Petter I'm surprised that you don't also stipulate "& so ugly that unless wearing a burka subject to instant stoning in the street"!

Once you get past the ick factor, incest laws don't make a lot of sense. Genetic diseases like Huntington's have a much higher risk and nobody is forbidding them from having sex. I think myob when it comes consenting adults should be the default.

Interestingly, children who grow up together are far less likely to develop a sexual interest in each other than those who were separated in infancy and later re-united. Is it nature's way of ensuring genetic variety?

@Petter Even unrelated children. Children raised in collectives, like kibbutzes, have a very strong tendency to marry out.

@Buttercup spot on!

@Petter It has to do with the persistent proximity to pheromones. That clarify who is part of the local family group... Same with: Baby lions and bears and cats and dogs and chickens.....

It will be interesting to see if former president Trump cancels his family trips to France from now on

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father …” Donald Trump Rolling Stone 2015

It doesn't look that way to me.

How do you interpret the news?

I think it's unhealthy to mix the bloodline. Have actually visited a total incestual village in southern Mexico where is harms the immune system. the adverage of the villagers was age 35.

Sometimes about laws that messes things up , even more, Being against things some how joins the problem. I always prefer better education for first steps.

In the village where I live in Spain, the population declined heavily during the early 20th century, and it became common for cousins to marry. Nowadays, many descendants of one of those families have six fingers on each hand.

@Petter

Funny, in this Mexican village, everyone had a similar long nose. Like the goons in Popeye cartoons.

@Petter, @Castlepaloma Did the local priest or doctor also have the characteristic?

@FrayedBear

This tribe were not friendly , they kind of keeps to themselves, like the artistcrates.

@Castlepaloma So you never got to see if the priest had a long nose?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.