Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke on new voting restrictions: "Voting discrimination is alive and well"

Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke on new voting restrictions: "Voting discrimination is alive and well"
cbs-mornings

January 17, 2022 / 4:07 PM / CBS News

Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke, the first Black woman to run the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, says voting discrimination persists in the United States. Equal access to the ballot box is one of her department's top priorities.

"We have made a lot of progress as a nation. But we've still got a long way to go," she told CBS News chief national affairs and Justice correspondent Jeff Pegues in her first TV interview since taking office last year.

Clarke said new state voting restrictions are targeting people of color.

snytiger6 9 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TOTAL BULLSHIT:::::::Article in the ATLANTIC, a very leftist mag::: The most restrictive voting laws are in the northeast....

Georgia's voting regulations are some of the most LIBERAL in the country...

But, is the DOJ doing anything about it? It is an organized campaign (by Koch) to subvert the democratic process. Sounds like RICO to me.

Unfortunately election laws are mostly under the purview of individual states. That is why democrats want to pass voter reform laws, to make voting laws more consistent in state to state.

Quite honesty, I think it was pretty stupid they didn't try to do that a long time ago.

@snytiger6 I believe they had protections from previous civil rights laws, but the Roberts Supreme Court has taken to overturning various provisions, wrongly claiming that states 'wouldn't' pass such laws from then on.

@racocn8 Well yeah, previous voting rights have been mostly neutered back when Kennedy was the swing vote.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645914
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.