Agnostic.com

4 4

Conservatives cheery pick MLK like Christians cherry pick the Bible.

redbai 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

22 of the most dangerous poverty stricken cities have been run by democrats for 50+ years.

ALL of the cities have the highest crime rates in the nation.. The most murders.

And also ALL of these places have been represented by democrats in state and federal legislatures.

Black on black crime is rampant. Why have the democrats not fixed this?

IF THE DEMOCRATS ARE SO SUPERIOR, WHY ARE ALL THESE PLACES SHITHOLES????

Because they want people to fear. Keeps them in power.

As usual you went out of your way to write a bunch of irrelevant nonsense.

I don’t need a holiday to remind me to treat people right. Unless they’re a democrat. There’s no such thing as a good democrat.

Who told you to observe the holiday?. Go work if you want to. What a stupid comment.

@redbai I haven’t missed a day of work in years. Not many liberals can say that.

@CourtJester Good for you! Finding pride in not having a life is very rare. I find it kind of presumptuous to assume that it has something to do with you not being a liberal. That's just stupid.

His Civil Rights message was just what America needed.

After he accomplished those goals and won the Nobel Prize, he veered to the left and became very unpopular:

When Martin Luther King Jr. was killed, he was less popular than Donald Trump is today:

According to an early 1968 Harris Poll, the man whose half-century of martyrdom we celebrate this week died with a public disapproval rating of nearly 75%

[usatoday.com]

BD66 Level 8 Jan 18, 2022

Says something pretty bad about America when you look back and realize that today's population of America find those people's POV pretty ignorant and praise him for who he became. The idea that he "veered left" demonstrates an incredible ignorance of the man, to say that he "accomplished" his goals demonstrates a sever ignorance of America.

@redbai Look at the year of his quote (1967). That's the height of the Vietnam War, The Tet Offensive. We were spending more money than ever to make sure Capitalism triumphed over Collectivism. Nobody was looking for a "radical redistribution or political and economic power" That's why he had a disapproval rating of 75%.

@BD66 "No white people were looking for 'radical redistribution or political and economic power'"

There, I fixed it for you. You're welcome.

@redbai I would say most of the 75% were white people.

@redbai I met MLK III in 1998. He and my late wife were speakers at the Masonic Temple in San Francisco. He gave by far the best speech that night, but I think it was lost on the audience.

They absolutely do, with even more intention than they do the Bible. It's a combination trying to appear without prejudice, while kicking the legs out from under MLKs real message.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.