Agnostic.com

10 2

Evolution of homo sapiens in the future?

What do you think humans will look like in 1 million years? (Assuming we survive for that long)

MuhammadSaleh98 4 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to voice my own thoughts first, without looking at other comments, so if I repeat...
I have hope for humanity's future, if we can get past this teen angst stage.
Yet I seriously doubt our species will have a single form that far into our evolution. I expect genetic manipulation to continue, hopefully with more consideration.
With my 'crystal ball', I foresee humanity based peoples with water dwelling, flying, echo location abilities, just off the top of my head.
Now to look at the other comments.

Funny that we call the people of the future “we” when “we” will all be dead. It’s evidence built into the language that while we as individuals can’t beat death our genes can. It’s just a shame it lives on without this versions memories and consciousness. We will have 6 toes, big heads and our genetalia will all be above average, isn’t that nice?

Lol, yep

Evolution is a response by a species to changes in environment. Homo Sapiens can change their environment, so it's not likely on a natural level. We can, however, genetically modify ourselves to fit extreme environments. If we wished to colonize Mars, for instance, we'd need to create a human genome that can live in that environment. Would it be human? Define human.

Mostly cybernetic perhaps?

The Smithsonian says:
"One of the earliest defining human traits, bipedalism -- the ability to walk on two legs -- evolved over 4 million years ago. Other important human characteristics -- such as a large and complex brain, the ability to make and use tools, and the capacity for language -- developed more recently. Many advanced traits -- including complex symbolic expression, art, and elaborate cultural diversity -- emerged mainly during the past 100,000 years."
So our brains will be larger and more powerful (Professor X), finger length may change (what use is the little finger anyway?), may become bald (some of us are already there), due to sitting most of the time our legs may shorten, the upper torso may lengthen to offset the loss of height.
Holy shit!!! We're gonna look like E.T.!!!!

So great an answer!

@njoy_life_2 When I began that post I wasn't intending it to be funny, it just went that way.

Like we'll still be here, and l will wake up with bangs tomorrow.

Some people suggest that Artificial Intelligence will greatly effect our species within the next 50 - 100 years.

Not on an evolutionary basis; that would be far too quick.

Then again, we may never develop an A.I.

Robots.

Mr. Green Jeans

godef Level 7 Apr 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.