Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK The Day After Russia Attacks

Alexander Vindman paints a very grim picture that could lead to a World War in Europe. I hope he's wrong, but he's a leading expert on Ukraine.

barjoe 9 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Putin wants to rebuild the old empire of the Soviets. He may very well invade. His troops are strategically set up, in the East and Crimea and in the North with Belarus. And, just because a country has 45 million citizens, that isn't their army. Putin also has air power. I don't know what Putin's objective is right now. He does want to rebuild a stronger Russian power base. Yes, he has plenty of fire power to knock back Ukraine. Ukraine has already stated its defensive measures - go toe-to-toe for about a week and then move into the hills. Europe and the US can do very little, aside from sanctions and to be honest, I'm not sure all of NATO is onboard. Germany has been kowtowing to Putin recently. British military supplies flown to Ukraine had to fly around Germany. And Turkey has been playing footsie with Putin for quite a while.

Exactly. Russian want to return to 1917. Lavrov said so much.

Well. I got @GreenAtheist to blocked me so that's good.

Another press release from the White House/Pentagon. No, Russia is not going to invade a nation of 45 million with a 100,000 troops, that doesn't pass the laugh test. Biden is playing with fire, maybe trying to encourage Ukraine to do something stupid that would trigger a Russian response. A different take: [antiwar.com]

I'm not sure the United States has leverage in this. They can only react, I don't know what they can prevent or prevoke. Putin will do what he wants. Hopefully he doesn't go off half cocked. Former Col Vindman thinks he will.

@barjoe The US and NATO have been the aggressor since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Putin will do nothing unless the US crosses his very clear red lines. Putin outfoxed Bush and Obama, he's not going to go off "half-cocked" against Biden.

@Druvius If you're saying the Soviets weren't aggressors, I disagree. I disagree with your post cold war assessment. I believe Russia is going to invade Ukraine in the next couple weeks. I don't know if you want to call that half cocked or not. You underestimate what Putin is capable of.

@barjoe Vindman is a demonRATs fascist conspired to force TrumpOLINi out of office his only "high crime" was exposing BidenS crime families stealing billions from ten countries. ....Ukraine near the bottom of that list & her split off half in civil war are a measly few months of Hunter Biden stealing drilling consulting salary from Ukraine .... Putin will protect Crimea just as USA protects Florida .... I know more about drilling than coke freak Hunter....I drove sober an empty tanker truck once to be washed out at a truck stop but my daddy never spent his 30th birthday day one on the floor of the US senate 1973 and never left until Governor Pence was sworn in to daddy job

@barjoe, @Druvius thankyou Druvius what does your nome de plume mean in Latin ? Greek ? Peace as defined by "2 killers without soul" because it takes one to know one is low intensity conflict "cold war" that has not stopped since 1946 between Moscow&WhiteHouse racist xian Putin versus racist rapist Joe Junior unapologetic for his drunken fingers in Tara Reade vagina

@barjoe Yes, familiar with "Putin is going to invade" propaganda, it's been American propaganda since 1945. You'd think the fact that Russia hasn't invaded anyone since 1945 might make people suspect they are being lied to, but apparently not. Now if Ukraine, like Georgia in 2008, decides to attack Russia, Russians, or its allies, then Putin will respond.

@GreenAtheist Put down the bottle old man.

@Druvius Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, Poland, Afghanistan, Georgia and Crimea were all invaded by Soviets and Russia. You're usually spot on but in this case, you're not. Russia is a pEaCe LoViNg country as is their leader Vlad the Impaler.

@barjoe Qualifying those as invasions means you are simply regurgitating Washington propaganda. Crimea especially was not an invasion, the Crimean's are THRILLED to be part of Russia, they never wanted to be part of Ukraine in the first place. In any event we do agree this is a scary situation that could lead to a terrible wart. Hoping that cooler heads prevail. i didn't say Russia was a peace loving country, neither is the US. Putin has never done more than defend his own, there's no reason to expect any different.

@Druvius have you been hanging around FrayedBear? Getting your share of RT?

Having 91 years and a few weeks, I will leave world war concerns to younger folk.

I'm a lot younger than you and I feel the same way.

Happy belated Birthday.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:646571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.