Agnostic.com

2 1

Question about design on NFL caps

Some of the baseball-style caps worn by players and coaches have a yellow design of some sort on both sides of center that is partially on the bill and goes up the face of the cap. It's almost shaped like a B-2 bomber with the design continuing as a broken stripe. Some designs have the team name superimposed on it, some do not. I couldn't find any explanation online nor even a picture of a hat with the design (sorry). Does anyone know what it signifies or what the design represents?

WilliamCharles 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An article/ad says official NFL sideline caps with multiple designs including the "racing" cap design.

This what you're taking about? Personally I think it's just a design.

@linxminx Anything can be copied. I authenticate Magic the Gathering cards, and some of the fakes are getting pretty good at really fine details many players can't tell the difference on.

Thanks, Jeff. What first came to mind was that it was a stylized version of "scrambled eggs" on an admiral's cap.

I don't think I have OCD, but the pattern not meshing at the seam is driving me nuts. 😄

@WilliamCharles Apparently they're "sideline caps" with "racing-style design".
[cleveland.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.