Agnostic.com

2 3

They could easily house many homeless people in 'tiny homes' created from shipping containers. We don't need to spend millions of dollars on these developer boondoggles.

BDair 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I build tiny houses with rocket stove/heater/oven and a generator and solar system for $20,000. each. For what one homeless person got there. I could build 25 houses for the homeless and create jobs within the system. It's why I am an anarchist because the Government systems
don't work.

Good on ya.

Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself - coming up with ways to further disenfranchise homeless people and relegating them to shipping containers? Man, you are all heart! Hey, aren't you that nutty antivaxxer?

The solution to homelessness is Permanent Supportive Housing, easing homeless people into a sustainable lifestyle.

[endhomelessness.org]

Are you really that daft? There are millionaires that are happy living in 'tiny homes'. I live aboard a boat with a lot less living space than a 40' shipping container. Housing units for homeless people should not cost taxpayers $500K a piece. You can easily put converted shipping containers on vacant lots and give them a plot to grow food. [24hplans.com]

@BDair

Let's see your evidence of all those millionaires happy living in tiny homes.

And let's see your evidence that housing units for homeless people cost 500k. Faux News is not a credible source of information.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

The shipping container homes at your link were not tiny homes. Anyway, the land is always worth more than the building. Vacant lots are owned by someone and that someone isn't going to let anyone put shipping containers on them for people who can't pay for them.

You live in your own little make believe world, don't you?

You can find many sources of this information. [nbclosangeles.com]

CA is throwing some big numbers around. And the last attempts went way over budget. Governor Newsom Announces Homekey Grants for New Homeless Housing in Los Angeles and Sacramento - [gov.ca.gov]

@BDair It's not up to me to find your sources of information, it's up to you to supply the evidence to prove your factual claims.

Your NBC source refers to a source document but fails to provide a copy of that document for verification so the article only provides its own interpretation of that document, which may or may not be accurate.

There was nothing in your California release about going over budget but a lot about California's ambition to address homelessness through permanent supportive housing. Permanent supportive housing has been proven to save money when you factor in community expenses like police involvement and emergency medical costs.

Yes, ending homelessness is to be expensive but there is no better use for taxpayer money than to enhance peoples' lives. It's been said that a society can be judged by how it treats its most vulnerable citizens.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.