Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Biden administration will roll back some states' Medicaid waivers : Shots - Health News : NPR

When Republican-led states balked at expanding Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama's administration tossed them a carrot — allowing several to charge monthly premiums to newly eligible enrollees.

Republicans pushed for the fees to give Medicaid recipients "skin in the game" — the idea they would value their coverage more — and to make the government program resemble employer-based insurance.

snytiger6 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good. Obama sold us out in many ways and, every time that another way becomes apparent, I'm always disappointed. Race made him unique and popular, with Dems, but he wasn't a big success (and obviously not just with Congressional issues). I hope his Library has more success with progressing national interests.

I think Obama often gave in too easily, and compromised too early in negotiations. Add in that republicans basically tried to block anything Obama wanted to do, and no, he was not a very effective president.

My biggest beef is that Obama took the public option out of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), even before negotiations with republicans started.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649870
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.