Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Man arrested for placing flowers on fiancée's grave after complaint from her preacher dad

A young man grieving his dead fiancée was arrested this week at the request of her father Tom Ford III, a conservative Baptist preacher, who didn’t want him putting flowers on her gravesite.

That bizarre story began unfolding in January of 2021, after Hannah Ford, a 26-year-old conservative activist who worked on various Republican campaigns, died in a car crash. Compounding that already horrific tragedy was the fact that she had just gotten engaged the previous month. The accident occurred shortly after she was driving home from visiting a possible wedding venue, where she was planning to marry Winchester Hagans, the son of an evangelist.

(weird)

snytiger6 9 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Asshole

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 12, 2022

Tis a difficult state of affairs and it is all too easy to take sides and ascribe reasons for and against. Having your future son-in-law arrested for placing flowers is harsh. I wonder, is there a lot more to the story.

I thought cemeteries were regularly visited/decorated by veteran's groups (like on Memorial Day) freely, and anyone was free to wander them, maybe taking rubbing from the stones (a popular hobby).
Where does anyone have a right to declare such a place off-limits?

Well dad does have legal rights over her body and Winchester will just have to cope with being brought down. Maybe he'll learn something valuable about Evangelists and turn his cheeks toward a more liberal Cathedral? I wouldn't hold my breath as Evans don't often learn anything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.