Agnostic.com

4 3

Did you know?

MichaelSanchuk 6 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

During that clip I heard two claims of bending light. I heard nothing that supported those claims and am skeptical.

A century ago the English astronomer Arthur Eddington saw light being refracted as it passed near a mass. Without evidence he said gravity was bending the light and brought Albert Einstein out of obscurity. Walter Isaacson’s biography took Einstein from Eddington’s metaphorical throne.

@Omnedon I could have, and should have, written A century ago the English astronomer Arthur Eddington saw light being refracted as it passed through regions of varying densities near a massive object.

@Omnedon Is there evidence for the gravitational deflection you hypothesize? Does it differ from gravitational attraction?

@Omnedon Okay, you accept the Standard Model.

@Omnedon The SM, lacking evidence, is religion. Discussion closed.

Thank you for your response/comment.

As a kid, living deep in the country, the air guard used to blast some sonic booms every so often. In 1979, my ship hosted the first Chinese delegation since 1949. Their Secretary of their military and future chairman was there. We did a sonic boom over the ship while off the coast of San Diego. We had lots of newspapers and magazines onboard.

So how do the UAP's travel so fast without generating a shock wave?

Not sure. Thank you for your response/comment.

Saw the same thing in the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650655
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.