Agnostic.com

5 6

[nytimes.com]flu-coronavirus.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20220215&instance_id=53235&nl=updates-from-the-newsroom®i_id=101440242&segment_id=82794&te=1&user_id=a9a2c3b07feff86efa81c7acec931de4
Was the 19th Century 'Russian flu' actually a corona virus? Scientists may have a way to find out.

Organist1 8 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was not my intent when posting the article. I did reply to ASTRALMAX's comment, though. It's very interesting that we might solve the mystery of this illness, which has possibly been around for many centuries in some form or other.

You all missed the point of this article. No one is scapegoating the Russians. It asks if the ‘Russian Flu’ was a Corona virus like the Current COVID-19 virus. Some preserved tissues infected from this old virus will be sequenced to see if there’s Corona virus DNA.

We are doing well compared to the 1918 - 1922 "Spanish Flu" ( viruses do not have nationality). In 1918 the world population was approximately 1.86 billion people on earth. It seems that nobody knows for certain the mortality rate but it has been estimated to be somewhere in the region of 50 - 500 million people.

The current world population is more than four times what it was in 1918 and the latest mortality figures for Sars-Cov-2 are 5,853,870.

Viruses have been around for a much longer period than human beings. They do not die because the are not alive in the first place. I think that they date back more than 300 million years.

When the bubonic plague hit Europe the English called it the French disease, and the French called it the English disease. That's typical. Humans...SMH

@Organist1 History is full of examples of scapegoating

We can save them. How nice.

Seems likely

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650800
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.